Yes, I had. I have a university degree (Master of Science) in Embedded Systems, and Computer Networks and Protocols. That being my background, I also had several years of working experience from different companies and projects. Besides, I have always enjoyed developing software and have had several hobby projects.
The most challenging part was the communication with the car. I mean sending requests to the vehicle and getting the responses back. That involves so many aspects, and testing with actual cars is a bit challenging. Using Bluetooth efficiently on Android and iOS involves quite a bit of learning too!
Riku Pelander, the interviewee, is the founder and CEO at Creosys Ltd., the company behind OBD Auto Doctor.
I use Feedly daily. It's an RSS feed reader that collects the most exciting feeds in a single place for me. I really like our other app Meazurem too. With Meazurem, I can monitor environmental conditions like temperature and humidity at my house and office.
I have been working with OBD Auto Doctor since the beginning of the software, from 2010. The software has been on the market for over ten years now. The Android app was released in 2012, and the iOS app in 2014.
I wanted to help car enthusiasts to get to know their cars better. I mean letting them read the OBD2 trouble codes and follow real-time data of their cars. And eventually, save some money by doing this themselves instead of taking the car to the repair shop.
Our software is the only OBD2 software that's available for so many platforms. You can use the latest OBD Auto Doctor version on Android and iOS plus on Windows, macOS, and Linux. We have spent a great deal of effort in making the user interface intuitive and responsive. I'm proud that we can use the same code base for all the platforms. That makes the quality of the software high and benefits our users too.
We are planning to add more cloud-enabled features in the future. And of course, we are constantly working on the app to make it work with new car models and OBD2 features.
We would love it if you could share your experience with the app with us. Also, talking about the app among your fellow car enthusiasts would benefit us all!
OBD Auto Doctor is the leading OBD2 car diagnostics tool in your pocket!
Ever wonder why the check engine light or MIL keeps going on? Check and reset the trouble codes with OBD Auto Doctor. With this OBD 2 diagnostic app, you can communicate with your car's OBD-II system quick and easy, and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive car scanner.
▸ OBD Auto Doctor is an ideal app for everyone interested in getting to know their car better. Whether you want to monitor vehicle data in real-time or reset the "check engine" light, this is a must-have tool and the only OBD-II software you need!
Capabilities and benefits:
• Read readiness monitor status to make sure your car is ready for emissions testing
• Read On-Board Diagnostic Monitors for advanced diagnostics
• Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Freeze Frame, and clear the codes and MIL
• Monitor fuel consumption while you drive and save money on gas/diesel
• View OBD-II parameter and sensor data in real-time to detect abnormalities
• Monitor OBD-II sensor data in numerical or graphical presentation
• Support for multiple electronic control units such as engine, transmission, etc.
Some additional features:
• Send diagnostic data via email
• Record and send sensor data via email as .csv format
• Read Vehicle Identification Number, Calibration Identifications and Calibration Verification Numbers of ECU
• Build-in DTC database with over 18000 trouble codes including thousands of manufacturer specific codes • Support for both imperial (English) and metric units
OBD Auto Doctor supports all cars sold worldwide that are compatible with OBD2 or EOBD. As a general guideline, your car is most likely to be OBD-II compliant if it fulfils one of the requirements listed below:
• USA: All cars and light trucks manufactured since 1996 (OBD2)
• EU, Gasoline: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2001 (EOBD)
• EU, Diesel: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2004 (EOBD)
• See http://www.obdautodoctor.com/faq for the OBD2 compatibility info for other countries
NOTE: OBD Auto Doctor requires a separate ELM Bluetooth or Wifi OBD2 adapter (ELM327 compatible scan tool) to communicate with vehicle.NOTE: Please notice that most of the features of the app require that your car supports them too.
▸ This app is free but to unlock all the features, an upgrade is available using in-app purchase. Check the app website for more information and differences between the versions.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside this app.
Categories: Auto & Vehicles
Date: March 16, 2021
Developer: Riku Pelander
About developer: Riku Pelander, the interviewee, is the founder and CEO at Creosys Ltd., the ... Read more
SiAna Auto Services offers the best car service in Dubai. SiAna Auto Services is the leading ...