I started to learn coding in 2004 at school and advanced my skills during my study which I´ve started in 2009. I had many different hobby projects since then. Here are some of them: https://apps.apple.com/de/developer/marcel-dittmann/id926474087
Oh dear … ;)
As I already said the first prototype was ready in 2014. After completing our study we worked on mubo as often as we can in addition to our daily job. And of course, we were searching for partners to help us. And yeah we had different partners over the time who promised to make mubo big. We learned it the hard way… people often make empty promises and if you trust them too much you will be very frustrated one day. We were very frustrated multiple times. But we wanted mubo to become real. So we decided to start the last try and do it all on our own. Just with the basic team, Jerome and Marcel. We worked hard to finally release mubo on August 15, 2017.
So in short, what was challenging and went wrong? We hoped too much that someone would help us and show us how it will all work.
My name is Marcel Dittmann and I am a UI/UX and App Developer for clickworker. I enjoy using my skills to contribute to the exciting technological advances that happen every day at clickworker. Beyond that, I also like to experiment with the newest technologies in my side projects like mubo. When I'm not researching new technologies, I love to use the time to explore nature with my wife on foot or by bike. When the weather is really bad I’m happy to paint a new pair of sneakers as an alternative ;)
• Beatleap: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/beatleap-von-lightricks/id1516149480
I use it to make short videos of my hand-painted sneakers. You can find some here: https://www.instagram.com/dripfox.de/?hl=de :)
This app makes it incredibly easy to create very cool short videos with nice effects. And yeah of course all the other Lightricks Ltd. apps. The guys just do a great job.
• Headspace: I use it for my daily meditation. I like the overall UX of Headspace.
• Komoot: Super cool app to find new routes for your next trip. It doesn't matter whether you are out on foot or by bike.
I started mubo in my mind in 2011. First prototype was made in 2014. We released mubo in 2017 :)
Everyone knows this moment at parties where people start to ask the DJ to play a specific song or just grabbing the iPad to play their songs. To avoid these situations and to involve every guest in the music selection, the idea for mubo was born.
• The Vote and Cooldown System makes mubo very unique. Each guest has 3 Votes to use in every Cooldown Period. The Cooldown will reset all votes after a fixed time. So the voting remains exciting and all guests can vote.
• We always wanted mubo to look playful and less technical. So we developed a visualization metaphor for Votes and Cooldown. Votes are displayed as flames and the Cooldown uses water drops for visualization.
• Playlist can contain songs from Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, and local sources at the same time.
At the moment we port our backend technology to another technology. So it is more a refactoring at the moment. This should be done by end of this year.
We will also add a chat feature until the end of the year.
And yeah of course we want to add more streaming services.
Give mubo a try :) Maybe on your next birthday party, wedding or any other event you will be a part of.
If you own a bar, pub or any other kind of location where people listen to music, don't be afraid to ask us for help.
We love to hear from everyone who wants to use mubo.
Music is listened together. Now also decided together. - With mubo.
Connect to a Musicbox or create your own. Your Musicbox is ready to use within seconds. Just add a Playlist and press play. Just try it, it's really that simple.
The idea: The song with the most votes is the furthest up in the playlist of the Musicbox. To keep it exciting, the cooldown resets all votes after a fixed time and everybody can vote again.
You can add your own music or easily add music from Spotify, Audius, or YouTube to your Musicbox. Then you just have to start your Musicbox and your guests can already vote for their favorite songs. If you allow it, your guests can even add songs to your Musicbox. The song with the most votes is the furthest up in the playlist of your Musicbox. To keep it exciting, the cooldown resets all votes after a fixed time and your guests can vote again.
Mubo is not a simple jukebox app where you can just up and downvote songs. There is so much more we developed to bring you and your guests a great music experience for your next party :)
• Host a Musicbox, a music player which allows your guests to upvote songs
• Voting: The song with the most votes is played next
• Allow guests to add songs
• Cooldown System (You decide how often your guests receive new votes)
• Set Connection Range: Your guests have to be in this range to connect to your Musicbox
• Pin protection for private Musicbox
• Ghost Mode, Musicbox is invisible and guests connect via QR-Code
• Set a Welcome Message for every guest that connects to your Musicbox
• One playlist for different music sources (Apple Music, Spotify or locally stored music)
• Philips Hue Light support (Lights will fade to the colors of the artwork of the playing song)
We are a young team from Germany having the goal to make listening to music together easier and more enjoyable.
Everyone knows this moment at parties where people start to ask the DJ to play a specific song or just grabbing the iPad to play their songs. To avoid these situations and to involve every guest in the music selection, the idea for mubo was born. Marcel had the idea for mubo during his study in 2011. He started developing the concept for mubo 2 years later as a part of his master thesis. The first prototype was ready in 2014 and was implemented together with Jerome.
After completing our study we worked on mubo as often as we can in addition to our daily job. We also had different partners who wanted to join the mubo team and help us with all the stuff beyond programming. We canceled the project multiple times and finally decided to start the last try and do it all on our own. Just the basic team, Jerome and Marcel. We worked hard to finally release mubo on August 15, 2017. Our way from the idea to the final system was long and not always easy. That’s why we are proud to be able to show you mubo today with our small team of 3 members.
We want mubo to stay free and still have a lot of ideas and would like to constantly develop mubo. Of course, we are happy about everyone who supports us with the Patron In-App Purchase.
Follow us on social to stay updated.
Categories: Music & Audio
Date: October 9, 2021
Developer: Marcel Dittmann
About developer: My name is Marcel Dittmann and I am a UI/UX and App Developer for clickworke ... Read more