Yes, I started coding in high school, got a Software Engineering degree, then worked for about 15 years as a developer before starting to work on the app.
The most challenging was to make sure the backend infrastructure to handle the synchronization on multiple devices was stable and scalable. This was especially difficult in 2009 when the internet connection on phone was unreliable, and cloud services were not as strong and stable as they are now.
The interviewee, Xavier Launay, is the CEO of Seacloud Software, the creator company of this app. Baby Connect is the #1 and the most comprehensive baby tracker application. Users can record not only feedings, breastfeeding, naps, diapers, milestones, pumping, but also the baby’s mood, temperature, what kind of game he’s playing, and attach pictures. Users can compare with previous day and previous week averages, and view the data on graphs to identify trends. They can view when was the last medicine or vaccine. They can also track weight, height, and head size, compare with the US or International percentiles and display the growth chart. Baby Connect will synchronize information with spouses, babysitters, or nannies wherever they are. The application is available on iOS, Android, Web, Apple Watch, Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Strava and Spotify are among my most-used apps.
It took 6 months to develop the very first version. I am still working on it with others 12 years later.
It started with my experience and needs as a parent, the initial idea was to help the communication between family members and caregivers about the care of their children: when was the last time the diaper was changed, did the baby wake up and was fed in the middle of the night, did he got his medicine?
I also wanted to allow parents to feel connected to their children even when they're away from home by receiving updates and photos throughout the day.
The app is very comprehensive and can track every aspec of a child's development, from birth to teenage years. It can do seamless automatic real-time synchronization on each caregiver device and is available on all platforms: iOS, Android, Web, on the Apple Watch, Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant.
One important feature that makes the app special is the strong customization capability that allows adapting the app for all situations.
We're especially proud that the app is helping parents with difficult situations: children that are heavily medicated, with medical problems, disabilities, or need constant attention.
More statistics and type of data visualization, a refresh of the look and feel, and more capabilities on the Apple Watch app and the voice assistants.
Install the app, spread the word, and let us know your feedback about the app and how we can improve.
Baby Connect is the most comprehensive baby tracking application on the Market. It has graphical reports and trending charts, weekly averages, medicine, vaccine, timers, notifications, emails, .csv export, an easy-to-use interface, unlimited data, and allows you to exchange information in real-time with your spouse, babysitter, nanny or daycare wherever they are.
Baby Connect is the only application available on all mobile platforms and also as a web application. It will synchronize information with others authorized Baby Connect Applications on each device. If you change or lose your phone, no information is lost, you can always connect to your account at www.babyconnect.com with a browser or with another phone.
* Easily track feeding (bottle, nursing, solid food), diapers, sleep, activities, mood, milestones
* Track pumping and expressed milk
* Track medicines, vaccines, sickness, weight, height, head size
* Automatically synchronize data between accounts over the Internet
* Display graphical charts of the baby's activities
* For Preemies, percentiles are calculated with the birth date or with the due date
* Timer to track nursing duration. The last nursing side is indicated as a reminder
* Timer to track naps, activities, feeding sessions, mood.
* Easy to use! Log entries with just a tap
* Easily view entries from current and prior days
* Email formatted reports to spouses, doctors, and nannies/sitters.
* Email Excel-compatible .csv exports.
* Enter free-form notes
* Post events and charts on Facebook or Twitter
* Upload child photo, indicate birthday, blood type, and allergies
* holds unlimited data
* More than 100 built-in activities descriptions
* Existing built-in descriptions can be customized, new descriptions can be added
* Setup Push notifications
* Send your GPS location, display the location on a map
* Track the average number and amount of sleep per day, and the longest sleeping session
* Track the average number of BM and Wet diapers per day
* Track the average number, total and average amount of feeding and pumping per day
* Track the number and average nursing duration per day
* The application has been designed for maximum security. Everything is password protected
Date: December 23, 2021
Developer: Seacloud Software
About developer: The interviewee, Xavier Launay, is the CEO of Seacloud Software, the creator ... Read more