The development of TOM Medications is carried out entirely by our partner bitsfabrik in Austria. We have already worked together successfully for many years.
TOM offers a holistic view of therapy management with many features for the chronic disease patient. Although the tablet reminder is a relatively simple function, it was a big challenge for the many different types of devices and settings such as battery saving functions to still be able to send the push messages reliably to the thousands of TOM users every day.
The interviewee, Sven Beichler, is the Founder and CEO of TOM Medications. He is the father of three children and lives in Switzerland. He is a serial entrepreneur with a focus on high-quality digital products for users. Sven started TOM Medications in 2020 for a journey to increase adherence to therapy and to provide the best digital solution for chronic patients, Today, for the patients TOM is a powerful instrument to make it easier to follow your therapy and for healthcare providers an anonymous engagement platform to access TOM patients directly through the app.
Lifesum: A good app for nutrition education and with equally good UX.
Slack: Always good and valuable for collaboration in our international team.
Streaks: Simplicity at its best. Motivates not to give up.
We have worked for 1 year only with a test version and 100 users. After that we continued to develop 80% of TOM Medications and collected over 20'000 feedbacks with 2000 users for another year. Based on this, we finished building the medication manager. TOM was thus developed 100% on the basis of customer opinions.
Increased therapy adherence, simple handling despite complex disease patterns, exclusive focus on user benefits. 100% anonymity and no data octopus.
There are a lot of pill-only reminder apps on the market. Most of them have only a few installations and even fewer active users. When it comes to chronic diseases, it's about getting real value for your therapy, not just having fun. We have managed to have one of the most active communities of chronic users in the TOM app. An average user has 12 interactions per day in the TOM app. The extremely high level of engagement and customer retention in TOM makes the app unique. We owe this exclusively to our users. They spoke to us for over 2 years and we listened and still do. Every day, to fulfill our mission: "Making people healthier again".
The TOM app started as a pure support for taking medication and transformed into therapy support in general and yet with very specific functions to increase adherence. Besides the medication reminder, a pharmacy cabinet was added to manage the pills. Also, a comprehensive health report to share with your doctor. Therapy monitoring also includes a variety of medical measurements and personal activities, tracking your mood and pain levels, and much more.
We are constantly developing the TOM app. Currently, the medicine cabinet is being expanded so that it can be shared with several users. And we are developing a platform in TOM that will allow healthcare providers to offer their services anonymously to their target group in the TOM community. The user in TOM then decides whether he is interested or not. We are convinced that this targeted offering of added value will again massively increase engagement in TOM.
The TOM app has been developed for all people who are looking for a simple yet powerful support in their therapy. And we look forward to continuing to receive constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement from our anonymous TOM users in the future. With the thankfully positive reviews in the app stores and especially with the support of our community, we will be able to make TOM even more valuable every day. Thank you for that!
TOM is your handy, anonymous, daily medication reminder that makes it easy for you to manage your medication and daily pill reminders, and allows you to enter measurements, record activities, and create reminders for them with alarm. The TOM app is a fully integrated medicine assistant.
With our app, you can add a new medication to your virtual medicine cabinet in just seconds. Your TOM digital assistant does the rest for you. With our app, you will forget about any registration, charge, and advertising! User-friendly and completely anonymous: integrated medicine reminder will notify you whenever it’s time to take your pills, tablets, and other medication, making your daily activities much simpler. Now for measurements and activities as well, including graphs and statistics showing everything at a glance.
Developed by patients, for patients
TOM tablet reminder with medicine manager is so practical and user-friendly because its developers know from personal experience which requirements a digital medication manager needs to meet. The tablet reminder is the ideal solution for simply and efficiently managing treatment regimens for a wide range of conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, Crohn’s disease, stroke, epilepsy, cardiovascular diseases, multiple sclerosis, and more.
Key features at a glance
- Extremely easy to use thanks to dialogue-based design: TOM asks and you reply – without filling in forms or having to tediously search through menus
- Add new medication, measurements or activities quickly and easily
- Send or print PDFs of monthly health reports
- High-quality graphs and statistics for all medication taken, health measurements, and activities
- Feature for uploading your own pictures of medication packaging
- Digital medicine cabinet provides a complete list of medication that can even be printed out as a PDF file
- Reminder with alarm to refill prescriptions before they run out or expire
- Fully integrated treatment management that combines a record of medications you have taken with your health measurements (blood pressure and weight, for example) and activities (running, yoga, etc.).
- Keep your patients' diary up to date: medications taken daily, medication intervals of several days or hours, single doses or taken sporadically
- Suitable for managing the treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases (cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stroke, asthma, etc.)
- Modern solution for managing medications in order to ensure they are taken at the right time and to monitor the progress of your treatment.
- Pill alarm if you forget to take your medications
- Maximum data security thanks to anonymous use of TOM tablet reminder and two-way encryption
Date: March 8, 2022
Developer: Sven Beichler - Founder and CEO of TOM Medications
About developer: The interviewee, Sven Beichler, is the Founder and CEO of TOM Medications. H ... Read more
This app is the absolute world leader in the number of connected Bluetooth monitors and it is ...