Yes, I have been working in development for many years before starting the project.
Triage the numerous suggestions we receive from users for new features. Select those that bring the most value to the highest number of users.
With all the time spent on maintaining this project, I keep using smartphones to a minimum. Just the usual productivity and communication tools. Signal for example.
I started to work on My Expenses in 2009 as an experiment with the first Android phone, the HTC Dream (G1).
Originally, My Expenses was conceived as a simple-to-use notebook for recording expenses that would allow exporting data to full-blown finance tools that run on PCs. Today, My Expenses has grown into a full-blown tool for managing personal finances.
My Expenses being an Open-Source app, has, from the start, attracted users that share with us the values of the Open Source community. This allows us to gather sophisticated contributions for new use case descriptions on Github, and lead to a very rich feature set, whereas similar apps concentrate on the only most basic aspects. For example, My Expenses allows sophisticated configuration on how data is grouped by periods of time.
The version currently in process of the publication introduces management of debts.
Explore the app, share with us what suggestions they have for new features, participate in the Roadmap Vote from the app's settings, and last but not least buy one of the Premium Licence Keys in order to allow us to sustain this project for another 10 years.
My Expenses keeps track of your expenses and your income, directly on your smartphone and on your tablet.
- Up to five accounts with transfers (also between different currencies)
- Unlimited number of templates and up to three plans for recurring transactions
- Export to QIF and CSV. Import from QIF
- Data can be protected by password or device lock screen
- Theme (dark and light) and font size can be customized
- Reconciliation: Easily compare transaction status with your bank statements
- Homescreen widget and shortcuts for quick data entry
Premium features are unlocked by purchase of one of the following licence keys:
- No ads
- Unlimited number of accounts
- Unlimited number of plans for recurring transactions
- Pie chart: Visualize the statistical distribution of transactions per category over different periods (years, months, weeks, days)
- Split transaction: A single transaction can be split into multiple parts (categories and transfers)
- Print the transaction list to a PDF file
- Image attachment: Capture via camera or select from gallery
- All features of Contrib Key
- Cloud synchronization: Data can be synced between multiple devices (Webdav, Dropbox, Google Drive)
- Daily automated backup with optional upload to cloud storage
- Sophisticated, customizable CSV import (spreadsheet applications)
- All features of Extended Key
- Budgeting: Compare your spending to limits you set per category on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis.
- History chart (Cash flow)
- Scan receipts: Automatically extract amount, date, and payee
- Web User Interface
- Unlimited number of templates and plans for split transactions
- Email support with guaranteed response within 2 business days
- Voting right on development roadmap
Date: September 24, 2021
Developer: Michael Totschnig