I developed my first website when I was 12 years old. I have been coding for fun and professionally since then.
Workast is a project management software. By nature, this type of software is very rich in features so coming up with an MVP for our mobile app was a challenge. The essential number of features that a user will expect is quite high so trying to condense all of that in a small screen plus developing everything from scratch was the main challenge.
Guillermo Gette, the interviewee, is the Founder & CEO at Workast .
Apps that I use on a daily basis:
- Workast: for obvious reasons :)
- Slack: stay in touch with my team
- Whatsapp: stay in touch with family and friends
- Robinhood: manage my small investment portfolio
- CoinMarketCap: track performance of my small crypto investments
- Camera app: I have 2 little kids so I take a lot of pictures
- TikTok: this is the app that I use to relax and watch funny videos
- It took us 3 months to build our MVP
- Launched on Oct 2019 and we have been working on it since then
Users want to be able to create and assign tasks on the go. They also want to be notified when there are important updates in the projects they are working on and quickly take action from their phone.
I started Workast as a native integration for Slack. The company and product grew around this core vision: help teams on Slack manage their work. So we did things a bit differently:
1. Once you install the Workast app in your Slack team, everyone can start using it, no extra sign-up, login, additional passwords to remember, or invitations. It just works!
2. We don’t send you emails, we actually send you notifications within Slack, so we help you reduce the noise in your inbox. These notifications are interactive, so you can quickly take action on important messages.
3. Workast is customizable and flexible so we can accommodate any kind of team, from software engineers to marketing managers, legal, HR, and finance. They can all collaborate in Workast and customize their projects to their needs.
We want to bring more features from our web application into our mobile app. Specifically:
- My day: a custom view where you can see the meetings of the day, the tasks you are working on, and favorite reports.
- Notes: text documents that you can collaborate with your team in real-time.
- Extensions: the ability to interact with Workast Extensions from your mobile app.
If you are already using Workast, we would love to hear your feedback about our app. You can leave your comments here http://l.workast.io/web-submit-feedback
If you are on Slack and haven’t installed Workast yet, check us out at: https://www.workast.com/
Workast is the best project management platform for Slack teams. Workast helps teams manage projects, tasks, events, clients, and to-dos easily. Use your Slack account to sign up in less than a minute and keep track of work in both Slack and Workast, creating tasks quickly and seeing what needs to be done wherever you like to work.
In fast-paced conversations, tasks often get missed and work left undone. Workast helps record and track action items so that work is never forgotten about again. Team members know exactly what needs to be done and feel more organized, less stressed, and focused when they have their work in Workast.
What can you do with Workast:
- Add a task for projects, reminders, ideas, to-dos, and requests
- Create and manage projects, clients, customer requests, daily work, and ad-hoc tasks
- Add due dates, assignees, followers, files, and additional information to tasks
- Comment on tasks or make changes to existing tasks
- See all the tasks assigned to you so you know exactly what needs to be done
- Keep track of all the tasks that are due today so you don’t miss any work
- Review all the work you’ve completed in Workast and your accomplishments
- Get notified of any task updates and changes
- Create and manage tasks directly in Slack
Free to download and unlimited usage:
- Try Workast out for free
- Upgrade Workast for larger teams and advanced features
Date: March 8, 2021
Developer: Guillermo Gette
About developer: Guillermo Gette, the interviewee, is the Founder & CEO at Workast . Read more