Yes, our lead developer had quite a bit of experience in developing Android applications. We also took in some fresh talent to contribute to the new product.
Optimizing the services that a mobile app runs is the most challenging thing to this day. Working within the Android ecosystem, you have to be aware of so many things that can cause bad user experiences: battery saving, battery drain, services dying, etc. That tends to be a problem with apps that run long operations in the background - so, you know, like a VPN app!
The interviewee, Gabrielle, is the communication Manager at Surfshark. Surfshark is a privacy protection toolset developed to provide its users with an ability to enhance their online security seamlessly.
We often look up to Telegram. As it's open-source, everything is custom-made and works without a hitch, even if it has a lot of code. Probably one of the smoothest apps we have used. Another app worthy of mention is Revolut - pure love for the UX part of the app. It never feels sluggish.
Our application has been in development for about 3-4 years.
The most important thing is privacy. No matter how much we want to improve the app and monitor what issues the user experiences, we value privacy. That said, striking a balance between knowing what we can improve and giving the users freedom is a challenging task to deal with.
I think the effort we put into trying to give the users the best UX possible will be what pays off. We invest so much time into analyzing users' feedback, their reviews, and some basic stats that we have, all to up those ratings and improve the UX. We have seen a drastic increase in performance and user reviews in the past years, and that's a trend that we want to keep going. This is where we shine as we are making a product that is definitely meant for the users.
One of the most frequent requests we were getting lately is a widget. We spent a lot of time on other stuff, so we only got to working on it recently. It's great to finally give the users the thing they were asking for! Other than that, we are currently focusing mostly on increasing the app's performance and feel - features are not that big for us at the moment. However, we have some ideas on how to bring more customizability to the user and how to make it clearer how our app benefits them.
We want feedback! Give us feedback! We read a lot of user comments, especially constructive criticism. If you enjoy our application and use it daily/weekly/monthly, let us know what you're missing! New features? Don't like the UI? We are always dedicating time to improving our app, but it wouldn't mean anything without user feedback. :)
Get the most secure VPN for Android with the fastest VPN - Surfshark! Voted for the best value VPN of 2021, it’s the best VPN if you’re seeking unlimited online security and privacy. Surfshark fast VPN will keep your private data secure and protected. Download Surfshark VPN now to enjoy online privacy for all Android devices.
Easy to set up and easier to use, a high-speed Surfshark VPN allows you to make a fast, unlimited VPN connection with a single click. Surfshark VPN will secure you from ISPs collecting data and keep your private data protected when you’re using public Wi-Fi hotspot.
Here’s what makes Surfshark VPN the best VPN around:
Surfshark VPN Features:
• Bypass geo-restrictions: Surfshark VPN has over 3200+ servers in 65+ countries to ensure global proxy servers with fast speed.
• Fast online, fast on the phone: Surfshark high-speed VPN doesn’t slow down your Android device, to secure an ultra-fast online browsing experience.
• Make it yours: With Whitelister, you can allow apps and websites to bypass the VPN.
• Emergency failsafe: Kill-Switch disconnects you from the internet if the VPN connection drops to protect your sensitive data.
• Money-back guarantee: Unsatisfied with Surfshark VPN during the first 30 days of use? Get your money back.
Why choose Surfshark VPN?
• Zero-buffering speeds: Surfshark VPN isn’t just a private VPN - it’s a fast and secure VPN as well!
• Stay safe on the move: strong end-to-end data encryption keeps you safe on public WiFi hotspot.
• Beloved by many: rated as excellent VPN on Trustpilot by thousands of actual users.
• Hide IP address: protect your privacy with a VPN by hiding a real IP address that can be connected to your digital identity.
• Safest protection: Surfshark VPN provides end-to-end encryption to guard sensitive information.
• No logs, no tracking: We really have no idea what you’re doing online when the VPN proxy service is enabled.
• Budget-friendly: Surfshark VPN offers the best value VPN subscription plans.
• Leak protection: With private DNS on each server we take our security to the next level.
• Connect devices: Connect as many unlimited Android devices as you want to one account – we allow unlimited VPN for seven days. However, as it’s a paid VPN, you’ll be charged after those seven days if you don’t cancel!
• 24/7 support: Chat with our experts any time whenever you need.
Surfshark VPN operates under a strict no-logs policy. It is also one of the very few VPN providers to have gone through an independent auditing process by cybersecurity experts Cure53. Also, it has received an AV-Test Seal of Approval from an independent German cybersecurity institute. Bypass geo-restrictions, fool censorship, and keep your data safe in complete online privacy!
Surfshark VPN is the best VPN experience you can have on your mobile device. It’s non-intrusive, it doesn’t hog your resources, and it doesn’t collect your sensitive ًvpn data. Stay mobile and stay safe with a fast Surfshark VPN - the best VPN that you can find for Android!
Start your 7-day free trial now with the best VPN Surfshark.
Date: March 2, 2021
Developer: Surfshark VPN
About developer: The interviewee, Gabrielle, is the communication Manager at Surfshark. Surfs ... Read more
Add services to the calendar, mark payments, edit customer balances.
All changes i ...
Modern technology and social media has hacked everyone’s lives. Our lives revolve around our ...
PlanMyDay – The relaxed feeling, to know always when the most important things will be done! ...