Yes. John was hands-on creating the first GameTree prototypes. He also architected coding bootcamps, taught technical summer programs, and mentored people around the world on how to code.
Implementing webRTC voice calling with React Native in a way that would also work with web was a challenge. We spent a long time on it but ultimately rebuilt everything utilizing a 3rd party package.
The interviewee, John Uke, is the CEO and Founder of GameTree. GameTree's mission is to add more humanity and meaning to the world by ethically fulfilling your desire to discover the best the world has to offer: people, products, and experiences, according to your unique tastes and personality.
Facebook: Even though the company has done questionable things, I think their feature-set is the most practical for being able to discover where friends are, participate in communities, share things with friends, and coordinate events. I also appreciate Telegram for its fun gifs.
The first prototype started in 2017, and a working version that started to naturally grow around the world followed in 2020.
Gaming as a hobby is more fun and meaningful and productive when shared with friends. It's something accessible to do besides just drinking and talking. Our mission is to connect these friends, and help people find them if they don't have them already. Other apps don't curate people deeply, or help with the coordination aspect - which can otherwise be so much of a pain that people end up playing solo when they could be playing with friends.
GameTree does by FAR the deepest curation of gamer friends, and possibly of people in general anywhere. It finds you not just someone you will play a game in common with, but someone you will play many games in common with, and actually be real life friends with by considering factors like tastes, personality, values, and mutual friends. We are also the only LFG app supporting web + desktop, calling, and all games on all major platforms.
GameTree is becoming a centralized gamer profile, personalized discovery hub, social network, and gameplay coordination spot - moving into a universal "Sign in with GameTree" option for the gaming world. We basically want to be the ethical home for gamers across all the different walled ecosystems.
Try out the app and share with friends! You will be introduced to a member of the team as well, with whom you can share any feedback or ideas.
GameTree is the premier gamer discovery app, that can help anyone LFG, find friends, join one of the thousands of gaming communities or build a new one!
Our AI will introduce you to new best friends, games, news, and events! Take our personality test, rate your favorite games, and the advanced matchmaking system will do the rest.
GameTree supports all games on all major platforms such as Computer, Console, Mobile, and Tabletop.
– LFG and player matchmaking filtered by personality and playstyle compatibility, in addition to games and demographics!
– Social network features including group chats and a discussion feed. Syncs with Facebook, Steam, and more.
– Discover Games. 93% accurate predicted game ratings with all top game reviews linked from around the internet ordered by how similar the author’s tastes are to your own at similar games. Finally know whose opinion to trust!
– Relevant gaming news and releases
– Looking for that special Player 2? Any user aged 18+ can opt-in to UwU, our gamer dating feature. Not interested? No worries! Both sides of our app (dating & matchmaking) work independently of each other so you'll never get any unwarranted messages.
– GameTree works for over 200,000 games including Call of Duty, Fifa series, Valheim, Rust, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Fortnite Battle Royale, Minecraft, Mortal Kombat X, Dota 2, Rocket League, Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) and thousands of others!
We are constantly improving and appreciate your feedback!
Any bugs that you've encountered? Any new features you would like to see?
Email: [email protected]
Date: March 22, 2023
Developer: GameTree Public Benefit Corp
About developer: The interviewee, John Uke, is the CEO and Founder of GameTree. GameTree's ... Read more