Yes, our core team members are experienced game developers, previously working for companies like Electronic Arts, Konami, SONY, Irrational Games, and Lockheed Martin. They contributed to several notable games like Bioshock Infinite and Pro Evolution Soccer. We also have people with academic research and big data analytics background, who are responsible for the game AI system, back-end, and game data analysis.
The most challenging aspect was technical – supporting and optimizing for an endless list of devices, OS versions, etc.
The interviewee, Iskander Umarov, is the Game Director at Helium9 Games. Helium9 Games brings together all the knowledge and skills of a seasoned team to create high-quality games with advanced AI and innovative gameplay. Based in Prague, Czech Republic, Helium9 Games is a finalist of the 2017 Central European Startup Award and collaborates with specialists from the U.S.A., Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, Romania, Japan, and Australia.
Helium9 Games team has experience in game design, AI research and development, multiplatform programming, customer behavior analysis, and marketing. The team members have worked with companies like Electronic Arts, Konami, SONY, Irrational Games, Lockheed Martin, Samsung, and a number of research institutions. The company's founders have diverse backgrounds ranging from making AAA hit games, such as Bioshock Infinite and Pro Evolution Soccer, to academic research, marketing, and big data analysis.
Two mobile games that the team members and I enjoy great gameplay and controls are Clash Royale and PES 2020.
We have been working on “World of Tennis: Roaring ’20s” since 2015.
We wanted to develop a 100% fair competitive tennis game that has a multiplayer feel and excitement to it without any technical issues usually associated with real-time multiplayer, such as lag, waiting times, and/or skill level mismatch.
“World of Tennis: Roaring ’20shas the following key advantages, compared to other tennis games on Android and iOS:
1. 100% fair and exciting gameplay with the multiplayer feel and no technical issues (like lag).
2. Robust, versatile, and intuitive controls – the game can be played with swipe or tap or gamepad or mouse & keyboard.
3. Gameplay that is constantly evolving while you face different opponents and develop your player (upgrading skills), making him or her faster, stronger, and more precise.
4. The unique visual style and overall feel of the game.
5. Hundreds of motion-capture animations.
6. True to life physics of the game – everything in the game is defined and bound by real-world physics (physics of the ball, speed of player movement and acceleration, etc.)
7. Unique AI that a user can train to play in his/her style.
8. Highest user satisfaction rating on Google Play (4.4) compared to other tennis games.
Owing to the great features mentioned above, we have received acclamations from users around the globe. We have:
- Over two million users worldwide.
- Highest user satisfaction rating on Google Play (4.4) compared to other tennis games.
- Been featured by iOS (as the Game of the Day and many other categories), Google Play (Recommended and other categories), Windows Store (Global Spotlight and more), Nintendo Switch (top 4 most popular action games).
- Become one of the most popular tennis games on Google Play and iOS. Also, the most popular tennis and sports game on Nintendo Switch and Windows Store.
We’re constantly making improvements based on users’ feedback and our own ideas. We’re planning to further improve graphics in “World of Tennis: Roaring ’20s” and we’re working on a new tennis game, based on modern times.
Play the game, leave 5* rating :) and contact us by [email protected] if you have any questions or suggestions.
Transport yourself back to the 1920s – the golden age of tennis – in World of Tennis: Roaring ’20s. Join refined ladies and gentlemen partaking in a good old-fashioned battle of wits and skill on the court.
Use swipe or touch controls to place shots and dictate where your player moves. As you play, our new sports game AI system learns your playstyle and can play multiplayer tennis games as you against other players when you are away.
Do you prefer to serve and volley or stick to the baseline and smash powerful forehands? Whatever your style, hit tennis courts and enjoy tactical gameplay while honing your sports game skills. Clash with players from all over the world and become number one virtual tennis champion!
Key Features of World of Tennis: Roaring ’20s — online sports game:
• Play with precision using swipe and touch controls.
• Immerse yourself in realistic 3D tennis play with true motion ball and shot physics.
• Enjoy lag-free asynchronous multiplayer action games in the league, tournament, and practice matches.
• Earn sports trophies in leagues and major tournaments (following ATP 2020 schedule).
• Train your game AI character to play just like you.
• Choose one of the 7 tennis player character types.
• Customize and develop your in-game character into an ultimate tennis pro.
• Join private sports clubs, earn prizes, and climb global game leaderboards!
World of Tennis: Roaring ’20s — online sports game, combines action with simulation and elements of management sports games. You can even play as a tennis manager, focusing on training your virtual tennis AI agent and watching how it achieves a high score in the global leaderboard table! After playing your tennis game match, watch tennis TV like highlights, get advice from tennis coaches and review your sports game tactics.
The game provides a realistic simulation of tennis game matches, so find the best tennis strategy to become the virtual sports game star! More than 1.5M (by 03 2020) sports games fans around the world play World of Tennis: Roaring ’20s - be ready for the challenge as your tennis games will get more difficult (and more fun!) as you play. Many users say that our sports game app helps them to improve their tennis in real-life.
Our tennis game is one of the very few sports games nominated for the International Mobile Gaming Awards 2019 and the only nominee in the lawn tennis/table tennis genre. Our entire team is tennis fans and we analyzed countless tennis games to develop a new sports game AI engine that can reproduce all important elements of your unique tennis game style and deliver the best sports simulation game experience.
Date: July 12, 2020
Developer: Helium9 Games
About developer: The interviewee, Iskander Umarov, is the Game Director at Helium9 Games. Hel ... Read more