Sure, before I started development Ventor, I have already had more than 3 years of coding experience and I took part in the development of about 5-7 apps.
The Ventor mobile app is a client app for an ERP system. This ERP has many versions and is being constantly developed. The most challenging aspect is to maintain the app to provide working functionality for all versions and adapt new features of the app for all (even old) versions of the ERP.
Mark Tushkevich is the lead Android developer at VentorTech.
My favorite app is Telegram. This is a very convenient messenger and a good way to get news instantly.
I also like maps.me because of its great feature of offline maps. They are very detailed and weigh a little.
I have worked on the app for about 3 years already.
Ventor app is developed for warehouse workers. Their job is to receive, pick, and ship goods. While developing, we thought about how to make it convenient with barcode scanners. They need to move products quickly and we try to reduce interactions with the app. If an interaction is required, we tried to reduce clicks because it's not always convenient in the warehouses to use small screens and tap them with the gloves on. Despite reducing interactions, we still didn't forget about being foolproof to avoid a mess in the warehouse.
We recently wrote a detailed comparison with our main competitor. You can review it here https://ventor.tech/mobile/ventor-vs-odoo-barcode/
Here are the quick picks from the review:
- We constantly think about and provide new performing features
- We have a modern design and follow best practices
- We involve consultants from fields to development
- External transfers
- Put away
- Product management
- Users' performance monitoring
First of all, if you use Odoo I recommend trying the Ventor app to manage your Inventory. You can download the demo app by clicking on the link given on this page.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] to provide your feedback and ask questions.
Ventor app provides instant access to all warehouse operations from an Android-based barcode mobile terminal or just a phone.
The app works with Odoo ERP from version 8 to 13 (Odoo Community and Odoo Enterprise. It makes receiving, delivery and inventory adjustments of goods 3 times faster compared to the standard Odoo web interface.
– Receipt or items delivery based on sales and purchase orders
– Processing putaway and changing a destination location of goods during any warehouse operation
– Optimized stock counting processes for fast inventory adjustments
– Picking multiple orders at once and optimize a picker route
– Print shipping or packing slip labels directly to a printer
– Get suggestions about where to pick the next product from the picking list
– Scan a product and get all the information about available quantities or locations
– Move an item from any location to another, in seconds
– Create Sales and Purchase orders directly from a warehouse using only a barcode scanner
– Create and assign lots and serial numbers for any product
– Manually input products or locations for non-bar coded products
– The app supports Odoo 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (Community and Enterprise)
– Direct access to all Odoo apps with built-in mERP (Odoo Mobile) application
– Simple UI and Google Material design
Date: September 21, 2020
Developer: Mark Tushkevich
About developer: Mark Tushkevich is the lead Android developer at VentorTech. Read more