Yes, I started coding in a small outsourcing company. After that, I was freelancing for several years. I worked on various projects and startups based in the US and Europe: meeting platform, dating app, surgery events logging app with time tracking, parking map, sports grounds map with challenges, mileage registration/logging, smart home devices.
The most challenging part is working with synchronization of the mobile app and the web dashboard and of course GPS tracking. Also, the Track-POD delivery driver app is heavily loaded with features and some of the bugs can be very tricky to fix :)
Track-POD is a paperless & contactless delivery management system that consists of a web dispatcher dashboard and a courier driver app. Track-POD powers logistics operations of all sizes and supports fleet and driver management at the cost of a route planner.
Telegram messenger. The main reason to love this app is its speed regardless of the device model and specs, security, connection reliability. Also a ton of useful features and free storage for message history and all of the uploads without the need to connect a 3rd-party cloud service like Google Drive (WhatsApp, Viber - Hello, guys ;) )
Splitwise. Life-saving app for logging & managing expenses between friends and colleagues. The best feature is simplified debts - when you owe X USD to person 2 and they owe X USD to person 3 of the same Splitwise group, you automatically owe X USD to person 3, and person 2 can just relax.
I've been working on Track-POD for 1.5+ years.
Maximize the simplicity of the app to the delivery driver in terms of UX. Making the app reliable, so the user never has to experience some random app crashes. Load the app with the most requested and useful features possible to make the delivery drivers' and dispatchers' lives easier.
First of all, it is the UX that helps delivery drivers avoid mistakes. Some actions related to route points, orders, and goods are unavailable when the driver is not supposed to make them. For example, you can't arrive at the destination point that is not next up on your route list (if the strict point order option is selected in the web dashboard). The driver can't change the status of the order or delivered goods qty if they haven't arrived at the site (tracked with the help of GPS). Also, the Track-POD app now has a geofencing feature that not only minimizes human error but also helps automate the process of delivering orders. The essence of this feature is to allow any actions on the orders of the site only if the driver is near that site according to the GPS data from their device. Moreover, there's no need to perform manual arrive and departed actions on the route points because it is done automatically based on the GPS. That is one of the features that was developed by me and that makes me proud :)
Second of all is the Track-POD driver app's exceptional low crash rate. We have managed to make it around 0.09% which is more than 5 times lower than similar apps on the market (according to Google Play console)
I think the next big changes will be logging in with a phone number for drivers and allowing them to toggle their availability (when they start their work shift) in the app, so they won't have to log out if they want app to stop getting GPS updates.
If you're managing a delivery operation or any business that handles its own deliveries, the Track-POD driver app + web dispatcher dashboard is a brilliant, cost-effective solution for transportation management. Try Track-POD for free and see how fully paperless & contactless delivery improves your customer satisfaction and overall business performance. To see Track-POD in action and hear about delivery management solutions for your company, book a free demo.
Track-POD is advanced electronic Proof of Delivery app (ePOD) that allows your field staff, drivers, carriers to receive route with orders or jobs and lets you submit instant delivery notifications easily, report performance online. It makes real-time delivery tracking and route planning effortless and effective.
System consists of two parts: delivery driver app and dashboard in the cloud. Please register business account at https://www.track-pod.com then add accounts for your drivers or carriers as you need.
Features of our Proof of Delivery app:
- Works anywhere & anytime - in any industry, in any country around the world
-Works both online and offline (resubmits upon re-connection)
- Extremely easy to use and free for your drivers and carriers
- Display all routes for driver or carrier on smartphone
- List of sites and expected time slots of deliveries
- List of orders/waybills/tasks
- Delivery details (SKU, description, q-ty, unit measure, weight, packages and etc.)
- New orders, waybills or jobs online
- Mass POD - sign once, submit all selected
- COD (Cash on Delivery) payment
- Display notes for driver
Vehicle check & Safety check features:
*Manage vehicle details
*Record multiple checks against vehicles
- Possibility to call direct from app
- Navigate to destination direct from app (support Google Maps, Sygic GPS Navigation, Here Maps, OSM maps, Yandex navigation with Voice Guidance)
- Multiple deliveries and collections (pick up) at the same location/site
- Support multiple depots or "depart from" points
- Delivery status notification in real time automatically
- Capture non-delivery reason
- Capture eSignature (Captures Signature and Name), photo
- Support partial delivery
- Capture rejected quantity and reason for every rejected item
- Putting driver's comment
- Scan QR / barcodes to capture serial numbers for every delivery and every delivery item
- Instant updates on delivery issues with photos
- Sync photos and documents with back office portal
- Comprehensive delivery tracking, capture geotags & timestamps to know when/where ePODs are received
- Send POD documents in real time
- Two-way communication - lite chat
- GPS tracking with track recording
- Registering arrival and departure time
- Registering/checking odometer broken down by truck/trailer
- Registering/checking fuel
- Workflow for shipment/loading
- Workflow for returnable containers and other equipment
- Summary report of goods for delivery and collection
Benefits for your business:
- Increase productivity by 30% with efficient scheduling
- Administration costs reduction by 50%
- Sending information in real time for faster invoicing
- Paperless and reduced calls
- Customer service quality improvement
- Full workflow management and control in real time
- Improvement of operations management
- Faster response time to incidents
- Reduced customer support calls
- Less mistakes and no discrepancy acts
- No upfront investment
- Easy to deploy
Date: September 22, 2021
About developer: Track-POD is a paperless & contactless delivery management system that c ... Read more
SCADA solution for Android. It's runtime version. To create project you should download one o ...
The Sales Manager is a powerful tool for producing sales invoices in the field. It is a cloud ...
Personio is the go-to HR software for small and medium-sized companies.
Whether you’re a ...