No, I do not personally do the coding.
Figuring out how to provide each user with the optimal user experience that enables them to achieve the most value possible is (and probably will continue to be) one of the most challenging aspects of developing the SwitchedOn app.
The interviewee, Brett Johnson, is the Co-Founder and CEO of SwitchedOn Training Inc. SwitchedOn is a Perceptual Cognitive Motor (PCM) training app helping optimize human performance by engaging both the brain and body using just your mobile device. The SwitchedOn app provides randomized visual and audio cues that users react to with physical actions, creating a fun and engaging training experience that improves speed, agility, decision-making skills, reaction time, coordination, and more. SwitchedOn is used in over 200 countries and is trusted by professional athletes and coaches in over 10 major sports leagues like the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, MLB, and several pro soccer teams.
Notes app (iOS): A very simple app that makes it easy to jot down ideas, take meeting notes, etc. And quickly find them later.
Peloton: I love their workout selection, and it makes it so I don’t have to think about what to do when it's time to exercise.
Spotify: Beautiful design, great selection of music, and a lot of really cool features.
About 4 years now.
As a former pro athlete, I understood that athletes need effective ways to train by themselves. The problem with individual training is that every action you make is predetermined, but over 2 billion athletes play sports where every action they make in games is based on reacting to something they see or hear. I created the SwitchedOn app to give athletes an accessible way to train in a reactive game-like environment using just their mobile device.
Current “brain training” apps aim to help improve athletes' cognitive abilities by having them sit down and react to information by tapping the phone screen (i.e. seeing a color and touching the screen). Our approach involves having athletes react to information with full body, sport-relevant movements (i.e., seeing a color and running in a specific direction), which recent research suggests is a more effective way to train the brain in a way that transfers to sports.
In the next month, we will be releasing a new feature that enables coaches to add all of their athletes to a Team Dashboard where they can assign training sessions, see who completed them, and track various other training stats.
If this is something you might find valuable, go download and try it for free on iOS or Android (see links below) or feel free to share it with someone whom you think it could help!
Train your brain and body to make faster, better decisions on game day.
SwitchedOn (SO) is a training app designed by neuroscientists and professional athletes to help improve your physical and cognitive performance. SO provides randomized cues, on your mobile device, that can be perceived through sight or sound to better mimic the type of processing athletes will do in game-time situations. Our goal is to provide training drills & tools to increase athletes’ ability to better Perceive situations on the field or court, Decide the best course of action, and to get their body to React faster to make better decisions.
BENEFITS FOR ATHLETES
· More effective and enjoyable individual training sessions
· Enhance decision-making, reaction time, and concentration
· Improve speed, agility, and athletic performance
· Reduce the risk of injury
· Improve performance under pressure
Perfect for ALL dynamic sports including soccer, basketball, football, hockey, volleyball, lacrosse, tennis, and baseball/softball, this app can be used to improve specific skills, game situation decision-making, and overall athletic performance.
· Pre-set training programs: Pre-set training programs are designed for multiple different sports (basketball, soccer, baseball/softball, hockey, and lacrosse) speed & agility, cognitive fitness, injury prevention, and more coming soon.
· Customize your own training: You have the ability to customize your stimuli (colors, number, and arrows), transition (timed or touch), and duration (countdown or rounds) to create a training session that fits your needs.
· Community Feed: Users have the ability to share their individually created drills with the SwitchedOn community of athletes, coaches, and trainers within the app.
· Free: Access to all the tools necessary to create your own customized drills and the ability to share them with other SO athletes. Access to pre-set drills created by the SO team and SO athletes/coaches across multiple sports from around the world.
· SwitchedOn Professional (SO PRO): Access to premium features to enable users to have more control over timing and stimuli for more cognitive complexity as well as features to make training smoother and more efficient. Also access full training programs designed to provide everything you need to take your game to the next level.
· SO PRO is available for subscription as either monthly or yearly auto-renewable subscriptions. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon expiration of the free trial period. Subscription automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled or auto-renew turned off at least 24 hours before the expiration of the trial period or the current subscription period.
Date: April 30, 2023
Developer: Brett Johnson
About developer: The interviewee, Brett Johnson, is the Co-Founder and CEO of SwitchedOn Tra ... Read more