Yes! Newsfusion was founded by Nati Berkover and myself. We both were experienced software engineers and engineering managers by the point we founded the company.
The challenge for this app was developing the backend. In order to do its job, the app has to deliver ultra-relevant news both in real-time and when you want to review the most relevant from the past few days. To that end, we have developed a unique relevance engine, leveraging our expertise in data fusion, natural language processing, and more. The goal was to develop an AI that emulates a human news editor - no easy feat! This was by far the most challenging aspect of building this product.
Newsfusion leverages cutting-edge relevance technology to create tailored news apps for a wide range of passions such as science, technology, entertainment, sports & national news, and more.
Of course, I’ll refrain from naming our own apps, which I do love! Ha. I generally love apps that empower you as a user; help you enhance your productivity or save you time. Some of my favorites are Google Maps, which in my opinion is very well done, and Wunderlist, which is simple yet effective.
We’ve been continuously working on these apps for several years now. Software products are never really “finished” :)
Our goal was to help people fight information overload and consume information on their own terms. We wanted to give people a news experience that respects their time, their priorities, and their intellect.
Our apps are geared at people who want to apply a bit more discretion to their news consumption habits and this has always determined the feature set and design of the app. If I had to name one innovation, it’d be the time perspectives: We offer three different ways to look at the news, including looking back in the news over the several past days and display them ordered by importance. This allows you to review the headlines at your own pace. You can disconnect from the unhealthy “always-on” pace of endless updates, while still knowing that you are up-to-date and know all the things that you need to know. I think people are becoming more and more appreciative of how healthy this ability really is.
Our number one goal is to stay true to our mission. In the never-ending cycle of mobile innovation and updates, it’s easy to get distracted by shiny new features... So our goal is what we like to call, keep focusing on the bread-and-butter. Deliver solid information. Have a reliable, easy-to-use app that puts users first. Feature quality publications that deliver diverse angles on the news. Keep the discussion civil, yet fair and open. It’s not easy to do so, day in and day out. It’s a bit like meditation: If you’re meditating and you feel yourself getting distracted, you should “catch yourself” and immediately put your attention back on whatever you’re meditating on. That’s our goal; if it makes sense.
First, I want to thank them for giving us the gift of their attention! This alone means so much in this day and age. Of course, we welcome reviews in the store, and await any feedback you might have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be an expert in the world of science! New discoveries, research, interesting interviews and studies. Everything you could wish to know about the latest in the world of science, brought to you in an easy-to-use, simple and efficient app.
- A news summary covering stories from the best sources! Clean feed with no repeated stories. For each story - see all the sources that covered it with a simple tap!
- Subscribe for push notifications for prominent stories (optional)!
- New discoveries, interviews, research results, studies and interesting talks - brought to you from the leading Youtube channels!
- Your very own news feed - choose the topics you want to follow and/or the topics you want to block! Don't waste time on news that are of no interest to you. You can even block a source you don't like! (long tap any article)
- A community of science lovers! An in-app posting & commenting system, article tagging, reputation points and badges!
- Rich coverage of topics ranging from space exploration and astronomy to physics, biology, climate, environment and earth sciences, and so much more... From the mysteries of the universe to the latest findings on our own planet. Read about the latest discoveries from all fields of science!
- An awesome widget!
- Free, built-in read later feature - save interesting articles for later reading!
Categories: News & Magazines
Date: January 3, 2020
About developer: Newsfusion leverages cutting-edge relevance technology to create tailored ne ... Read more
Newsfeed is the service that connects trusted media content with readers who are looking for ...