More than 10 years. We built software used by hundreds of millions of users. We learned a lot about how to protect our users from cyber-attacks.
We realized that data security is super important to all users today. So, we build this true offline password manager and secure all our passwords with the security chip in our smartphones.
True offline is not "can be used offline" but means NEVER connect to the Internet. As you might know, more than 95% of security incidents are involved with the Internet, which is the largest attack surface.
Security. There are always new threats. Traditional phishing and credential stuffing are still there, but mobile app phishing, supply chain attacks, and mobile screen overlay attacks have continued to emerge in recent years. We are constantly developing new technologies to protect our users.
The interviewee, Autumn, is from the ID Guard Offline Team. The ID Guard Offline is developed by Blue Space Information Technology Co., Ltd. The company has over a decade of experience developing different software that benefit millions around the world.
I like Musicolet, QR Code. Because they do the job without Internet permission. I do not want any app to collect any data from my smartphone to the cloud, if possible.
3 years. We are constantly improving the security of our app. You will be convinced if you compare our app's version history in App Store with others.
ID Guard Offline password manager is for users with high-level security requirements. They attach great importance to protecting their passwords, privacy, and digital assets.
There is so much to tell.
- An easy-to-use true offline password manager. Some on the market are true offline (that is, never connected to the Internet) but not easy to use. Some can work offline but still connect to the Internet.
- Security Chip Protection. As we know, ID Guard Offline is the only password manager utilizing the secure element in smartphones to protect passwords. The encryption key is protected by the secure element. It's much better than a master password.
- Secure Desktop Filling. Our desktop browser extension shows a QR code when a user is on the login page of a website. After the user scans the QR code with our mobile app and selects a password to fill, the app and the extension can build end-to-end encryption to encrypt the password. The app then launches the mobile browser to send the encrypted password to the extension. Lastly, the extension decrypts and fills the password into the login box. While most other password manager extensions store password vaults in the browser, which is not safe enough.
- Safer Autofill. Besides detecting phishing websites like many other password managers, ID Guard Offline can also stop new emerging phishing technology like mobile app phishing, screen overlay attacks.
We are working on a new modern app design. The new design will be even more intuitive, comfortable, powerful, and beautiful.
And as always, we will continue to improve security, like face down to close, 3-factor authentication, etc.
Never reuse your passwords. Because if one account, like Apple, gets hacked, all others, like Yahoo, Reddit, are in danger.
Thank you for choosing ID Guard Offline password manager to protect your data. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. Our email address: [email protected].
Why is ID Guard Offline more trustworthy？
- We have been developing a large number of verifiable security technologies instead of "Please trust the developers".
- We have been consistently improving the security of the app, instead of always saying, "The UI has been updated".
【Security Chip Protection】Protects stored passwords with security chip, the same chip used by smartphone wallets to protect payment cards. Even if the encrypted data is stolen by means of app clone or phone backup, or the set master password is leaked, your passwords will not be disclosed. (Check the article on our website)
【No Internet Permission】Does not connect to the Internet, or require sign-up, or collect personal information. Your passwords are only stored on your phone and can never be uploaded to the cloud secretly. Using the app completely offline can prevent the network from leaking passwords and prevent ad tracking.
【User Authentication】Automatically prompts you for biometric or master password authentication whenever you access your passwords.
【Find Back Master Password】What if you forgot the master password of your password manager? All your data is lost? Don't worry. You can ask a friend to help. Unlike the Emergency Access feature of other password managers, it does not allow your friends to decrypt or access any of your data. (Check the article on our website)
【Secure Desktop Filling】Supports filling passwords on desktop browsers. As simple and secure as scanning QR code to log in. (Check the article on our website)
【Account Security Templates】Hundreds of account security templates, including Apple ID, Google, Nintendo, etc., can be used to hold all sorts of security information you can ever think of, such as recovery keys and security Q&A.
【Payment Card Template】Automatically identify the card issuer, card organization, etc., as long as you enter the card number. It is easier than ever to store payment card information.
【Autofill Login】Fills username and password with just two taps. It also can help you identify malicious phishing attacks. (Check out the video on our website.) Moreover, after turning on Accessibility Service, you can use Autofill on Chrome, Edge, etc.
【OTP Authenticator】Integrates OTP authenticator to facilitate 2FA. You can keep passwords and OTPs in just one record.
✔︎ Access camera: The first time when a user scans the QR code of OTP, the app will ask for permission to access the camera.
✔︎ Use fingerprint hardware: Use fingerprint recognition to authenticate the user. The authentication is processed by the android system. The app cannot access fingerprint data, so it can't steal it.
✔︎ Appear on top of other apps: When autofill is enabled, an autofill bar will appear on top of the input box.
✔︎ Foreground service: Only the foreground service can display the autofill bar when using accessibility service and let the user know which app is displaying the floating bar.
✔︎ Google Play billing service: Unlock PRO features on Google Play. Google Play connects to the network to authorize user, but ID Guard Offline does not access the Internet.
✔︎ Hide overlay windows: Hide overlay windows to prevent overlay attacks.
✘ FULL NETWORK ACCESS. TRUE offline. Minimize the attack surface and can never leak any data or be attacked via the network.
Date: January 24, 2022
Developer: Blue Space Information Technology Co., Ltd.
About developer: The interviewee, Autumn, is from the ID Guard Offline Team. The ID Guard Of ... Read more